Not a professional grader, this is mostly used as a reference point for buying comic books and trading cards from Hidden Palace Games. There will be no number grading, the condition will be graded with a word description that best describes well... the condition!
- GM - Gem Mint: Absolutely immaculate. Nothing will be given this grade.
- M - Mint: Realistically, not going to happen either.
- NM - Near Mint/Mint: The comic appears in such a way that it doesn't have any flaws. May have some imperfections caused during the printing process.
- VF- Very Fine: Still looks really good, might be some minor things affecting its condition like corner wear due to sitting on a shelf for a long time. Might look like it has been read a few times.
- FN - Fine: Basically has a few more wear than Very Fine. This includes some normal spine wear and dented corners. The overall appearance of the comic might look something out of a newspaper stand shelf.
- VG - Very Good: Think of this as an the condition of an average or casual comic reader.
- GD - Good: It's a misnomer, comics that are graded good can have rips, stains, writing, creases, folds, etc.
- FR - Fair: Eh, okay reading copy. Might have some coupon pages cut out.
- PR - Poor: Geez, what did you do to this thing?!
Here is a chart that you can use as a quick reference of what each grade allows. Not all comics graded in a certain grade has everything bad possible happened to it. If it qualifies for any one of the lowest grade, the entire comic falls under that grade.
|Near Mint||Tight/Flat||None||Almost none||Minor||Minor Blunt||Minor||Original||No||None|
|Very Fine||Almost Flat||Minor||Minor||Minor||Minute wear||Minor||Tan/
|A lot||A lot||A lot of wear||Minor||Brown/
|Very Good||Some||Some||A lot||A lot||
|A lot||Brown||No||Minor fix|
|Good||A lot||A ton||A lot||
|Fair||A ton||A ton||A ton||
|A ton||Brown||Possibly||A lot|
Trading card grading is very similar to the comic grading guide in a way, but they lack a Very Fine category. A quick reference to come at a later time.